Sterling Silver Jewellery
Sterling Silver Jewellery Offers Unmatched Beauty and Durability
If you’re looking for beautiful, affordable jewellery, you should know that sterling silver jewellery looks great, last a long time, and doesn’t cost a fortune. It’s also hypoallergenic and low maintenance. This type of jewellery is available in an endless array of styles. Whether you’re looking for classy and elegant or casual and fun, you’re covered. You can find some new sterling silver pieces to love at Stone People Jewellery.
The Benefits of Sterling Silver Earrings, Necklaces, and Bracelets
From its beautiful colour to its stylish sheen, sterling silver jewellery is both sophisticated and timeless. Whether you are considering a piece made entirely of sterling silver or a sterling silver and amethyst option, you’ll enjoy the many advantages of this metal, including:
- It’s hypoallergenic. From 10% to 20% of people are sensitive to nickel. As sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver, it’s ideal for individuals with allergies. If you need to avoid nickel, always make sure that your sterling silver jewellery is labelled with “925” or “sterling.”
- It’s durable. With proper care, sterling silver jewellery can last a lifetime. Taking care of sterling silver is easy, usually involving nothing more than an occasional polishing. With just a little effort, your sterling silver pendants, bracelets, and rings can look just as good in 30 years as they did the day you bought them.
- It allows you to build an impressive jewellery collection. Because sterling silver comes in so many different styles and options at affordable prices, it’s easy and fun to put together a collection of jewellery that expresses your personal style and that you’ll enjoy wearing for years to come.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Your Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace or Other Piece
Taking care of your sterling silver jewellery is easy, but it does require just a little attention and effort on your part to keep your pieces looking their best for as long as possible. Good routine sterling silver care includes:
- Keeping it dry. Water itself won’t harm your jewellery, but most of the water you encounter in your daily life is not pure. Showering with your sterling silver on once in a while won’t hurt it (provided you dry it promptly) but remove it before swimming in chlorinated pools or natural hot springs.
- Storing it properly. Where you keep your sterling silver jewellery when you aren’t wearing it matters. Exposure to air can speed tarnishing, so it’s best to store each piece in its own airtight, anti-tarnish bag. Avoid stuffing several pieces into the same bag, which can lead to scratches and tangles.
- Knowing when to take it off. Certain chemicals, sweat, sulphur, chlorine, and even harsh sunlight can corrode and tarnish the brilliant shine of your silver jewellery. Remove it whenever you’re washing dishes, working out, bathing, handling lotion or other cosmetics, or spending prolonged periods in the sun.
- Polishing it regularly. It is normal for silver to become tarnished over time. However, you can easily restore it to its original lustre with a quick rubdown. A special jewellery polishing cloth or a simple microfibre cloth will give your silver jewellery its shine back but avoid using paper towels or other materials. Use a cotton swab to access hard-to-reach areas in intricate designs.
Creative Ways to Use Sterling Silver Gemstone Pendants
Do you have your eye on a silver amethyst or sterling silver aquamarine pendant but aren’t sure how to wear it? Here are a few easy tips for accessorising with pendants.
- Make your pendant pop. To make your sterling silver pendant stand out, wear it over a solid colour rather than a print. The exception is wearing a bright, bold pendant over a print that showcases it in a fun way.
- Experiment with your necklines. You can wear pendants with all types of necklines. If you’d like, you can coordinate your necklaces with your necklines for a cohesive look. Try pairing a triangle pendant with a halter neck, a long necklace with a higher neck, or a choker with a tube top.
- Layer long and short. Just as you can add interest to your outfits by layering tops, you can add interest to your accessories by layering them, as well. Layering longer and shorter pendant necklaces is a fantastic way to give your outfit some sizzle and add a little colour near your face.
- Consider your height and face shape. If you are short and petite, you might want to steer clear of very long necklaces, which can make you appear shorter and visually drag you down. On the other hand, if you have a rounder face, you might want to seek a longer chain to add length. Experiment to find what looks best on you.
Why Trust Stone People Jewellery Regarding Handmade Sterling Silver Earrings?
At Stone People Jewellery, we offer a variety of sterling silver jewellery and beautiful stones to suit a wide range of styles and preferences. We handpick every stone for its special qualities and natural beauty to create unique pieces that look gorgeous and feel amazing to wear. We are happy to ship worldwide for free and do everything we can to ensure a happy customer experience every time you shop with us. If you have any questions about our products or need to get in touch with us for any other reason, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help.